Low Carb Creamy Avocado Dip. There are many Creamy Avocado Dip recipes everywhere and this is only my version. The secret to any creamy dip, in my opinion, is a good stick blender. By good I mean my Maxim Maxi Mix (made in Italy) which I have had forever & is nearly 35 years old (it was my mom’s) and which I use for tons of recipes on this site. You know how you hear old fogies like me say “they don’t make ‘em like they used to”? Well, this is a case in point. Mine is so old…I couldn’t find one to buy about 5 years ago when the cord became too frayed to use so I spent a fortune having a new cord put on it. It’s so old…I couldn’t find a picture of one so what you see is my old antique. It’s so old…you can’t read the label anymore. It’s so old… it wasn’t made in China, Korea, or Bangladesh. It’s so old it was called an electronic processor. In a Chicago Tribune Article from 1982 it says the original price was $60. and I am here to tell you that was a lot of money in those days. The article says 3 sticks were tested and mine came in 3rd. I cannot imagine how good the other two were and I cannot imagine life without it. The article alone is worth the look-see at the holiday (Christmas) advertising and 1982 sure seems like the good ole days to me. I am here is say this is a trip down memory lane, at least for me and just think-this was all long before Al Gore invented the internet. Not only is the article quite interesting the whole newspaper from December 16, 1982 is there and since it was around Christmas there are also tons of recipes and good grief look at the prices of food.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Large Avocado
- ¼ C Sour Cream (Could Also Use Yogurt)
- ¼ C Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ C Minced Red Onion
- 2 T Minced Green Onions
- T Minced Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 T Lime Juice
- 1 t Chili Powder
- ½ t Crushed Garlic
- ¼ t Salt
- Seed, scoop out avocado pulp and put into small metal mixing bowl.
- Dump rest of ingredients on top of avocado.
- Using a stick blender, blend until silky smooth. If you don’t have one use your processor but I guarantee the stick blender is the best tool for this job.
- Serve with cucumber coins, jicama sticks, red or yellow pepper chips, radish rounds, carrots, etc.
- 4 Servings
- 110 Calories, 1.5g Protein, 6.2g Carbs, 3.6g Fiber, 2.6g Net Carbs
- This recipe will easily double or triple.