Low Carb Creamed Kale. The darker the leaf the healthier the greens and besides maybe spinach, kale has the darkest leaves and is super good for you. This creamed kale is about as easy & tasty as it gets but you can also add whatever else you want. Additions might be bacon, jowl bacon, onions, shallots, mushrooms, cheese, etc. The recipe is plain and you can do the rest.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ½-¾ Lbs Kale
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 1 t Chicken Base
- ⅛ t Nutmeg
- Pepper To Taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Swish kale in water to remove any dirt.
- Fold each leaf and cut off ribs.
- Chop kale into about 1-1½ pieces and put into boiling water and cook until tender then drain well.
- Begin heating cream, chicken base, & nutmeg and add kale.
- Reduce cream slightly & add pepper.
- 4 Servings
- 233 Calories, 3.1g Protein, 7.1g Carbs, 2.0g Fiber, 5.1g Net Carbs
- Now how easy is that?