Low Carb Cranberry Orange Mousse. You will need leftover Cranberry Orange Relish to make this recipe. I have given another example of this recipe Almond Butter Mousse and now, using your imagination, I’ll bet you can come up with a lot more flavors to “mousse”. Strawberry and raspberry come to mind. The ingredients are basic and anything else may easily be substituted.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ¾ C Heavy Cream
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 t Gelatin
- 2 T Cold Water
- ½ C Orange Cranberry Relish
- 1 T Orange Extract
- 12 Dps Liquid Splenda
- Put cold water in tiny microwaveable glass bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water and let it sit about 5 minutes and do not stir. This is called blooming. Put in microwave and give it 5 second bursts until it turns into a liquid.
- Beat heavy cream and gelatin to form soft peaks.
- Beat room temperature cream cheese, relish, orange extract, and Splenda in another small bowl.
- Gently fold in about half of the whipped cream. Fold in the remaining cream making sure it is mixed thoroughly.
- Serves 4
- 350 Calories, 6.3g Protein, 4g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 3g Net Carbs