Low Carb Crab Rangoon. I used to make Crab Rangoon Bundles with wonton wrappers, fried in some crummy seed oil & served with some super sweet concoction. Well, those were the days my friends, we thought they’d never end; we’d sing and dance forever and a day. …and those days?…they did end. I still sing and dance but to a different tune and…these are a pretty terrific substitute. Certainly this is not traditional Crab Rangoon, only different, and really so much better and healthier. You will need one recipe Flaxseed Meal Crêpes.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are all my over 550 Low Carb Keto Paleo Diabetic Chef’s Recipes.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Recipe Flaxseed Meal Crêpes
- 12 Oz Cream Cheese
- ½ C Crab Meat (About 4 Oz)
- ¼ C Minced Green Onion Tops
- 12 Long Green Onions For Tying Crêpes
- ½ C Tamari Sauce
- ⅓ C Water (+ More If Wanted)
- 2 T White Vinegar
- 2 T Minced Green Onion Tops
- ½ t Crushed Garlic
- ½ t Powdered Ginger
- ⅛ t Dried Chili Flakes
- Blanch long green onions until soft.
- Blend softened cream cheese, minced green onions, and then crab.
- Divide into 12 equal portions (about 2 T), form a roll and place in lower ⅓ of crêpe.
- Fold in sides and press gently.
- Roll leaving seam on bottom and gently press. It should now look like a 3”-3 ½” baby burrito.
- Gently tie in center with long green onion.
- Place in sauté pan with 1 T butter set to medium low, cover and heat to just warm.
- Plate bundle and drizzle sauce over it.
- 12 Servings
- 181 Calories, 7.2g Protein, 15.2g Fat 4.9g Carbs, 2.4g Fiber, 2.5g Net Carbs
- If serving to guests & you have access to long enough green onions cut twelve, put them in boiling water a few seconds to make them soft and tie around each crêpe. It makes a pretty presentation. If you can't get long enough green onions cut them as long as you can, cut each in half and drape an X across the top of each one.
- Nutritionals include crêpes.
- Crab Rangoon is very good served with a sweet sauce so if you want your Asian drizzle a bit sweeter add 1-2 T Just Like Sugar, a couple drops of liquid Sucalose or sweetener of choice.
- I know crab meat is very expensive. (I get dungeness here on the left coast). I have not tried this but perhaps to save tons of money you might try imitation crab, just beware of the added ingredients it may contain.