Low Carb Cowboy Butter. There are days, and I mean many of them, that I can barely wait to have dinner, and eating anything with this low carb cowboy butter sauce is one of them. It should not be hard to imagine how good this sauce is. All you have to do is look at the ingredients and let’s face it, butter and garlic are good on a brick but it really will go with about anything you want to dip into it. Vegetables, breads, steak, chicken, seafood…I used chicken tenders for this go-round but um, you really can’t beat a great steak. Everything about this sauce is appealing. Ingredients are not so different than a complex compound butter but a heck of a lot easier to fix. No molding the butter or rolling it is film and waiting for it to get firm enough to slice. This is pretty immediate gratification.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 6 T Butter
- 2 T Crushed Garlic***
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
- ⅛ t Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ t Paprika
- 1 T Dried Parsley
- 1 T Dried Chives
- 1 t Dried Thyme
- ¼ t Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ t Salt
- ¼ t Pepper
- 1 T Lemon Juice (Only For Seafood)
- Slightly melt butter.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix well.
- Serve in small individual dipping bowls.
- 4 Servings
- 166 Calories, 0.5g Protein, 17.3g Fat, 1.7g Carbs, 0.2g Fiber, 1.5g Net Carbs
- I serve this just barely warmed so most of it will stick to the food I am dipping into it.
- Add ½ T lemon if serving with fish.
- Yes, you can also just spoon it on before service.