Wheeler is one of many tiny hamlets along the beautiful, rugged coast of Oregon-about halfway between Tillamook and Seaside. Guidos restaurant is no longer in Wheeler but memory of this pizza is strong in my mind. Though I have had pizza all over this country Guidos Thai Pizza is by far the best pizza I have ever had. You know how it is when you are so looking forward to something only to get there and the place is closed? You know, that sinking feeling with the knowledge you will never have that pizza (or “that dish”) again? Ugh.
Well, this low carb chicken shrimp Thai pizza is my rendition and I think Phil might be proud. Our memories are not always as good as we think they are and I do not believe my pizza is as good as Phil’s but…it’s mine. This is not a pizza for the feint of heart as it does take some work. (but so worth it) Of course it can be done all at once but I divide this into a two day project. I make the crust, poach the chicken and make the peanut sauce (if I don’t already have it in the fridge) the first day and assemble and then eat it the second day. I do usually always have the peanut sauce in my fridge because when I use the last of it I make it again.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 C Pulled Chicken (2 Large Thighs)
- 1 C Bay Shrimp
- 1 C Sautéed Mushrooms
- ½ lb Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- 1½ C Chopped Fresh Basil
- ½ C Finely Sliced Greed Onion Tops
- 1½ C Heavy Cream
- 1½ t Chicken Base***
- 2 t Butter
- 2 Shallots
- ½ t Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin heating heavy cream & add chicken base.
- Sauté shallots in butter, add pepper, add to cream and reduce to a medium to thick consistency-remove from heat & cool slightly. Cream will thicken as it cools-this is your sauce.
- Spread crust with ½ of sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, basil, and green onions evenly over sauce.
- Sprinkle Cheese over all and top with remaining sauce.
- Bake until cheese begins to lightly brown.
- Dot entire pizza with ½ recipe peanut sauce and…serve it up.
- 8 Servings
- 381 Calories, 14.8g Protein, 29.4g Fat, 14.3g Carbs, 6.1g Fiber, 8.2g Net Carbs
- 6 Servings
- 499 Calories, 19.2g Protein, 39.1g Fat, 17.5g Carbs, 8.1g Fiber, 9.4g Net Carbs
- Nutritiionals include pizza crust.
- Realistically, if served with a salad, one sixth of this large pizza should be enough. If you have smaller kids one eighth may be enough for them. Remember. this has whole milk Mozzarella, heavy cream & lots of protein and these three things will fill you up.