Quinoa is one of 10-12 ancient grains and has become something of a child darling in the last 5-7 years and probably because it is gluten-free. The problem for low carbers is still its high carb content. This Cauliflower Bacon Quinoa Salad is a very quickly made recipe to accompany a last minute meal. If you like this you will also like my Cauliflower Tabbouleh which is different, a bit more complicated, and uses more ingredients. Will this taste like a classic quinoa? No, but pretty close.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 3 C Riced Cauliflower
- ½ Lb Bacon
- ½ C Chopped Red Onion
- ¼ C Chopped Parsley
- ¼ C Olive Oil
- 2 T Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 t Liquid Smoke
- 1 t Spicy Mustard
- 1 t Just Like Sugar Brown
- ½ t Chipotle Powder
- ¼ t Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Cook and crumble bacon, retaining 2 T fat.
- Put riced cauliflower, red onion, parsley, and bacon in mixing bowl.
- In smaller bowl put reserved bacon fat with rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over cauliflower and again mix well.
- 4 Servings
- 403 Calories, 8.0g Protein, 6.7g Carbs, 2.1g Fiber, 4.6g Net Carbs