Low Carb Buffalo Wings. These are the Buffalo Wings I have been making for the last 20 years. It is taken from Chef John Vyhnanek a chef, author, and instructor for Boston University’s culinary arts program. In the past I had tried many other hot wings sauces and for me this is absolutely by far the best.
I find that I need only about ½ of the hot sauce recipe for 2-3 lbs. of wings but the rest of it will last in the refrigerator forever…or at least until the next time you make wings. I serve these wings with my Bleu Cheese Dressing and of course fresh celery sticks.
We tend to kind of pig out on these puppies and even as old as I am I can easily eat 1 lb. all by myself…oink, oink.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ¾ Lbs Split Chicken Wings Per Person
- 3 Oz Tabasco Sauce
- 3 T Butter
- ¼ t Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ t Black Pepper
- ¼ t Salt
- ½ T Lemon Juice
- ½ T White Vinegar
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with foil and put your Silpat liner on top. Arrange your wings closely together, sprinkle lightly with salt and put in oven for about 45-60 minutes until crispy and golden brown & delicious.
- Combine all sauce ingredients except butter and heat just slightly. Remove from heat and whisk in butter 1 T at a time. If you have gotten your ingredients too warm after adding your butter the sauce may “break” and this will not matter one bit. Don’t worry about it.
- Remove wings to a stainless bowl, spoon several T of sauce over them and toss well. It will take less sauce than you think and any sauce in the bottom of the bowl is basically lost and all this of course depends on the number of people you are serving. I find I can get a maximum of 3 lbs. wings on a crowded sheet pan.
- I am not listing carbs, protein, etc. because this is essentially a zero carb meal.
- If you prepare your pan as described above there is very little clean up as all you have to clean is your Silpat.