Low Carb Buerre Blanc. This is an elegant, spiffy, easy little sauce that goes particularly well with just about any meat depending on the herbs used. I used tarragon/tarragon vinegar for use on a ribeye but changing to thyme/rosemary makes it good on poultry of any kind or use lemon juice for seafood. Think a steak with a little crab & asparagus. Very simple to make but oh, so flavorful. Though the recipe may look a bit reminiscent of a Béarnaise, this has no egg yolk. It instead relies on a touch of heavy cream and the sauce is strained making it smooth as silk. The next time I fix it, it will probably be for a calamari steak and a little goes a long way and if you have leftovers? Put it on your breakfast eggs. Yum.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 3 T Tarragon Vinegar
- 3 T White Wine
- 2 T Minced Shallots
- ¼ C Heavy Cream
- 12 T Cold Butter
- Salt & White Pepper To Taste When Finished
- Put shallots, wine, and vinegar in a small saucepan. On very lowest setting reduce, until you have about 2 T liquid left. The idea is to soften the shallots to extract their flavors.
- Strain out shallots and (tarragon) & add heavy cream to vinegar mix.
- When all is warm, begin adding butter 1 T at a time, mixing until nearly incorporated, then add the next 1 T butter until all butter has been used.
- Serve immediately.
- 8 Servings
- 185 Calories, 0.2g Protein, 20.3g Fat, 0.4g Carbs, 0.0g Fiber, 0.4g Net Carbs
- If you don’t have tarragon vinegar then use white wine vinegar and 1 t dried tarragon.
- As you can see if you are keto this is nearly an all fat condiment.