Low Carb Brussels Sprouts Jicama Salad. When I was messin with various salads using jicama, one of them was this Brussels Sprouts Jicama Salad. I took a photo of it, wrote down everything, ate it, loved it, and promptly lost my written down recipe scratches. I have made it again and this time I’m posting it right away as I do have lots of little pieces of paper with all kinds of thing on them and yes, I do lose some of them. Also see Jicama Strawberry Cucumber Salad & Saucy Crunchy Peanut Salad
When you see toasted almonds in a recipe anywhere on this site, I do them on top of the stove in a skillet, using a little bacon grease with maybe 1-2 t depending on how many I do.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 8-10 Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 1 C Matchstick Jicama
- ½ Lb Sautéed Crispy Bacon
- ¼ C Toasted Almonds
- ⅓ C Olive Oil
- 2 Limes Juiced
- ¼ t Salt
- 1 T Low Carb Sweetener Of Choice* (Just Like Sugar Powdered To Keep It Paleo)
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Thinly slice Brussels sprouts. (If you have a mandoline that should be perfect).
- Top with bacon, almonds and jicama.
- Mix all dressing ingredients & drizzle over salad.
- Add lots of fresh pepper.
- 4 Servings
- 351 Calories, 9.6g Protein, 19.9g Fat, 8.5g Carbs, 4.1g Fiber, 4.4g Net Carbs
- Blanching your shaved Brussels sprouts for about 8-10 seconds will not only perk up the color but also soften them just a little. Of course they will need to be drained and cooled before use.
- It is best to mix your salt (and Just Like Sugar if using) into the lime juice as salt does not dissolve well in oil.
- I actually use 1 drop of Sucralose but Just Like Sugar will keep it paleo.