Low Carb Black Beanless Soup. Finding myself a bit under the weather and not wanting to come up with a dinner, I decided to try to come up with a new soup. Whoever knows what appeals to someone who is miserable but black bean soup came to mind and the idea of my having black beans, or any other beans for that matter was a joke but I wanted something with a strong cuminy flavor. I already had all the common vegetables in the fridge so…I got them out and started this so easy low carb black beanless soup recipe. If I had half a brain the day I did this I would have put some shredded pork into it but since the brain had gone missing, I missed my opportunity. It is however something I would highly recommend and will not add any carbs. Not many calories but the flavor is…terrific.
This is going to make a pot-load of soup so either make ½ the recipe or make it for a large crowd. Remember, I made this because I was sick and going to eat it for more than several days and…I only made a ½ recipe.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 Slices Bacon (About ¼ Lb) Sautéed & Crumbled (Reserving Bacon Grease In Pan)
- 2 C Riced Cauliflower
- 1 C Finely Chopped Celery (About 2 Large Ribs)
- 1 C Finely Chopped Red Pepper
- ½ C Finely Chopped Onion
- ½ C Finely Chopped Carrot (About 1 Small)
- 4 C Water (Or Chicken Stock)
- 1 T Chicken Base***
- 1 T Cumin + More To Taste
- 1 T Pickled & Chopped Jalapenos
- 1 T Pickled Jalapeno Juice
- 2 t Crushed Thyme
- One Can Small Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Sliced Avocado (Garnish)
- Green Onion Tops (Garnish)
- Lime Wedges (Garnish)
- Cilantro (Garnish)
- Dollop Crème Fraiche Or Sour Cream (Optional As Garnish)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- In a large pot sauté bacon, remove, reserving grease.
- Add celery, red peppers, onions, carrots, & thyme and sauté 8-10 minutes.
- Add water, chicken base, (or stock) riced cauliflower, cumin, jalapenos & juice, and the juice from the tomatoes + ½ of the tomatoes, reserving the rest.
- Bring to simmer and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Take out about ½ of the vegetables, add back bacon, and with a stick blender, blend until mostly pureed. Add back vegetables and reserved diced tomatoes, bring to temperature, and garnish as desired.
- 8 Servings
- 65 Calories, 3.5g Protein, 2.6g Fat, 7.1g Carbs, 2.2g Fiber, 4.9g Net Carbs
- For added fat, drizzle a little olive oil over soup.