Low Carb Biscuits Eggs And Sausage Gravy. I can’t think of any better or more filling way to start a day than Low Carb Biscuits Eggs & Sausage Gravy and… breakfast for dinner anyone? I served this in the restaurant to rave reviews and the secret? The liquid smoke. Customers had no idea what was in the gravy but they sure knew they had never tasted anything like it. I did serve it with biscuits to the public but not any more and not for you. For a no guilt meal here is the low carb recipe for Carbalose Butter Cream Biscuits and you’ll never need Carbquik again.
Got a funny story regarding liquid smoke. My husband knows I have used it forever and I was about out so I ask him to pick me up some at our local Cash & Carry. It is open to the public but is mostly a restaurant supply shop. Oh Lordy you wouldn’t believe what he came home with. Instead of a small 3.5 oz bottle he brought home a quart of it. One can only imagine what was going on in his male mind. He was probably thinking, well if size really matters let’s get her this big boy. I laughed so hard I could barely see straight and he never did get the joke. Needless to say I have enough liquid smoke for the rest of my life and beyond. The kicker is that it comes in a 1 gallon jug and thank heaven he didn’t bring that size home.
All my other Carbalose Recipes are listed at the bottom of the Carbalose Informational Page.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ½ Lb Country Sausage
- ½ C Heavy Cream
- ½ C Water + More As/If Needed/Wanted
- ⅛ t Guar Gum (Your Thickener) (I Use A Mix of 50% Guar Gum-50% Xanthan Gum)
- 3 Oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 t Chicken Base***
- 1 t Liquid Smoke
- ½ t Cracked Pepper+More To Taste
- 4 Eggs
- Cook sausage and set aside.
- Begin heating heavy cream & water. Add chicken base, liquid smoke, and pepper.
- Sprinkle in guar gum and whisk to mix.
- Add back sausage, and bring to temperature. It will thicken as it cooks.
- Now working quickly, begin to cook eggs anyway you wish (over easy is the gooiest & best way), put gravy into a bowl & top with cheese so it begins to melt.
- Finish cooking eggs and top gravy & cheese.
- Lightly salt & pepper eggs.
- If using a biscuit, break it into chunks, put into bowl first under the gravy and proceed.
- Serve immediately.
- 2 Servings No Biscuit
- 741 Calories, 33.3g Protein, 63.3g Fat, 1.3g Carbs, 0.0g Fiber, 1.3g Net Carbs
- 2 Servings With Biscuit
- 901 Calories, 38.5g Protein, 76.8g Fat, 9.3g Carbs, 4.8g Fiber, 4.5g Net Carbs
- This is a completely filling meal because of the high fat content. If eaten in the morning you will not be hungry until ready to have dinner and...maybe not even then. Me? The picture above was my dinner.
- If you are at all calorie conscience then this is not for you and how many times have you ordered this in a restaurant with the addition of hash-browned potatoes and maybe toast on top of that. This is LCHF at it's best.