As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
Your Basic BBQ Sauce
- 2 T Olive Oil (Or Butter)
- ½ t Minced Garlic
- ½ Cn Tomato Paste
- ¼ C Water
- 2 T White Vinegar
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1 T Grated Onion
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- ⅛ t Cayenne (Or Chipotle Powder)
- 2 t Liquid Smoke
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste, water, vinegar, chili powder, onion, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice. Simmer 5 minutes.
- The sauce is ready to use, or it can be cooled and refrigerated. I personally like to refrigerate it to let the flavors mellow and marry.
- Makes approx. 1 Cup
- This is a basic BBQ sauce and anything can be adjusted to suit your tastes. It tastes pretty good on it’s own but sauces can be so subjective and easy to tweak.
- If you like really smoky sauce, add another tsp. of liquid smoke.
- If you like it sweet add a drop or two of EZ-Sweetz or use low carb ketchup.
- Like lots of onion? Add more. Just remember onions have carbs which is why I grate mine. Grating gets you the most flavor, punch and bang for your buck.
- Spicier? Add more Cayenne.
- More piquant? Add more chili powder.
- Like Worcestershire? Add some.
Low Carb Scams https://low-carb-scams.com/