Low Carb Bacon Thyme Cauliflower Rice. I just kinda threw this together on a Sunday afternoon and it was so good I decided to post it. You can see from the ingredients picture how simple it is. I was originally going to use that olive oil along with the bacon grease but since I had some duck fat left over from a duck breast I did the other day, I used it instead. Sometimes just a little of this and a little of that gives you something really good to eat. Try it sometime. It can be rewarding and fun.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Medium Head Riced Cauliflower (Always Include The Core) (About 4-5 C)
- 2 Thinly Sliced Shallots (Or Medium Onion)
- ½ Lb Bacon
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 t Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Fry bacon reserving fat in the pan.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Turn down heat, add shallots & thyme and cook to translucent. Set aside.
- Turn up heat to medium, add olive oil to remaining bacon grease, add cauliflower and fry until beginning to brown.
- Add back bacon and shallots and heat to temperature.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- 6 Servings
- 149 Calories, 7.3g Protein, 11.5g Fat, 6.0g Carbs, 2.6g Fiber, 4.4g Net Carbs
- I don't know about you but if you buy your cauliflower already riced, and I do not, this is about as simple as it gets.