Low Carb Asian Lime Fish Sauce. Originally this sauce was used to dip thinly sliced Pork Loin Roast into. I now use it as a salad dressing along with several other things so I am posting it as a stand alone recipe. With a little olive oil I love it as a salad dressing and anything else you might think of to dip into it. Cucumbers? Yep. Steak? Shrimp? Oh My. Try it. Another little trick I have learned along the way is using Persian limes instead of the old standby ones everybody uses. They seem a bit smaller to me but they actually have more juice in them. I have reamed a lot of lemons and limes in my day and because these have a thinner rind there is more room for juice. Anyway I’m just sayin…
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 3 T Lime Juice
- 2 T Fish Sauce
- 1½ T Finely Chopped Cilantro Stems (Yes, The Stems)
- 1 T Just Like Sugar Brown***
- 1 t Crushed Garlic***
- ⅛ t Red Chili Flakes (Or 1 t Jalapeno Pepper Juice Or...Both)
- Chopped Cilantro (Garnish)
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredient well.
- 4 Servings
- 9 Calories, 0.5g Protein, 0.0g Fat, 0.6g Carbs, 0.0g Fiber, 0.6g Net Carbs
- Where in heaven's name are you going to get the flavor you get from this anywhere else?
- Another one of my favorite ways to use this is a dipping sauce for boiled shrimp. Oh. My. Yes.