Low Carb Almond Butter Mousse. I have given another example of this recipe Cranberry Orange Mousse and now using your imagination I’ll bet you can come up with a lot more flavors to “mousse”. Strawberry, Raspberry, and Chocolate come to mind. The ingredients are basic and anything else may easily be substituted. As you can see I garnished with a few raspberries. There are many wonderful food marriages and raspberries & almonds is one of them.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not compensated in any way for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ C Almond Butter
- ½ C Just Like Sugar Brown***
- 2 T Cold Water
- ½ t Gelatin
- 1 t Vanilla
- ¼ t Almond Extract
- ¾ C Heavy Cream
- Toasted Almonds (Optional)
- Raspberries (Optional)
- Put cold water in tiny microwaveable glass bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water, let it sit about 5 minutes and do not stir. This is called blooming. Put in microwave and give it 1-2 short 5 second bursts until it turns into a liquid.
- Beat room temperature cream cheese, almond butter, vanilla & almond extracts, and Just Like Sugar. Beat in water gelatin mix.
- Whip heavy cream.
- Gently fold in about half of the whipped cream. Fold in the remaining cream making sure it is mixed thoroughly.
- 6 Servings
- 193 Calories, 2.4g Protein, 20.7g Fat, 2.7g Carbs, 1.3g Fiber, 1.4g Net Carbs