Keto Sherry Wine Vinaigrette. If you don’t know much about cooking or how to make a simple salad dressing, you can make this. It is an easy emulsion dressing with all the flavor in the world and takes 10 minutes to do. Keto sherry wine vinaigrette will need a bit of time to marry the flavors but that’s just time sitting on your kitchen counter and no, it does not need refrigeration and you can be doing other things while all this magic happens.
I have shown and used both the sherry and red wine vinegar because I think they make a good combo. The sherry is much more mellow than any vinegar would be, but you also need a bit of vinegar for bite. Wait until you taste this…you’ll see what I mean.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are keto-low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 8 T Olive Oil
- 3 T Sherry Wine
- 1T Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 t Dijon Mustard
- 2 t Garlic Paste***
- 1 Minced Shallot
- ½ t Salt
- ¼ t Pepper
- Add sherry wine, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt, and mix well.
- Let sit a minute or two to dissolve the salt as it doesn't dissolve well in oil.
- Meanwhile, mince the shallot.
- Begin very slowly adding a bit of oil at a time and whisking briskly and constantly until all oil is used and dressing is thickened and holds the oil in suspension.
- Whisk in shallots and pepper and that's all folks.
- Taste and correct any seasoning and remembering you will be adding lettuce and any number of unseasoned veggies.
- It will taste "young" to begin with, and as it sits...well you'll see.
- Allow to sit on counter at least 3-4 hours and all day is great too.
- 6 Servings
- 179 Calories, 0.2g Protein, 18.7g Fat, 20g Carbs, 0.0g Fiber, 2.0g Net Carbs
- This dressing will go on about any salad (not fruit) and the addition of Parmesan will send it over the top.