Keto Pork Rind Zucchini Latkes. I was in the grocery store the other day and ended up buying a couple of zucchinis with nothing particular that I had in mind to do with them. This is not necessarily a good way to buy food but um, I do it more often than from time to time. I also had gotten a couple of jars of a new Pork Rind Crumbs from Netrition and I have been anxious to try them. So, not having any idea how it would turn out but knowing it would be super easy, I decided to try making these. Well Oh Lordy, besides being kind of pretty they are also so good. I put the recipe for Asian Dipping Sauce with them, but they really do shine with a traditional dollop of sour cream. They have a perfect pork flavor which is quite striking with the sour cream and just OK with the dipping sauce but neither has carbs to speak of so-your choice and either way, these keto pork rind zucchini latkes are the bomb.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 2 C Grated Zucchini (About 2 Smallish)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ C Ground Pork Rinds (2 Oz)
- ¼ C Green Onion Tops
- 6 T Olive Oil
- 6 T Sour Cream
- ¼ C Tamari Sauce
- 3 T Water (+ More If Wanted)
- 1 T White Vinegar
- 1 T Minced Green Onion Tops
- ¼ t Crushed Garlic***
- ¼ t Powdered Ginger
- Pinch Dried Chili Flakes
- Mix all ingredients.
- Beat Eggs.
- Grate Zucchini into a bowl and add ground pork rinds, green onions, eggs, and mix thoroughly.
- Cooking 3 at a time, heat 3 T olive oil and using a ¼ C scoop, add to oil and mash to flatten. Sauté until nicely browned, turn, and repeat. Now repeat this process again to finish last 3 latkes.
- 6 Servings With Sour Cream
- 194 Calories, 9.1g Protein, 16.8g Fat, 2.0g Carbs, .5g Fiber, 1.5g Net Carbs
- 6 Servings With Dipping Sauce
- 172 Calories, 9.9g Protein, 14.3g Fat, 2.3g Carbs, .5g Fiber, 1.8g Net Carbs
- Don't worry if you have a little extra zucchini-just use it.