Keto Pecan Pralines. This was a long story so if you are interested in reading all of it please see the Rum Caramel Dip Sauce because this is an extension of that recipe. Thus far, I have not gotten to the original goal of a Sugarfree Rich Rum Sticky Buns recipe…yet. It has been pushed aside until further notice. The original Caramel Dip is zero carb so the only carbs in this are from the pecans which of course only adds more fat too. You only see 15 pralines on the pan because I only made half a recipe and I, uh, ate one before I got it down to begin freezing. My last line will be: Eat keto pecan pralines for health.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ¾ C Just Like Sugar Brown***
- ½ C Butter
- ½ C Heavy Cream
- ¼ C Sugarfree Maple Syrup***
- 2 T Rum Or Brandy Rum Is Best And Liquor May Be Omitted
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 1½ C Small Chopped Pecans
- Barely, and I mean barely, melt butter, take off heat, add heavy cream, syrup, rum (brandy) & vanilla.
- Begin beating in Just Like Sugar 2 T until all is incorporated.
- Bring to very slow simmer, stirring occasionally and cook for about 16-18 minutes. It will begin to darken and get a little thicker.
- The color will start out very light, get darker with cooking, and then lighten again after beating it.
- It may seem thin but just beat it for 3-4 minutes or so and it is ready to use. It will also thicken a little more as it sits. Remember when you were a kid and your mom made you beat fudge? Well, this is kind of like beating fudge except it does not take as long.
- Blend in pecans.
- Take about 2 teaspoons of the mix and place then on a film lined pan and when finished put in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- They should easily peel off the film.
- Immediately put into a plastic baggie and put back in the freezer until ready to eat.
- 32 Servings
- 80 Calories, 0.5g Protein, 8.4g Fat, 0.8g Carbs, 0.5g Fiber, 0.3g Net Carbs
- Yes, they are ready to eat right out of the freezer.
- You could eat 3 of these puppies and still be < 1g carbs.
- CAVEAT: I use the ingredients that I feel are the best available, for me personally. If you decide to make this (and I sure hope you do) I am unable to vouch for substitute sweeteners. I have multiple reasons for NOT using eryritol with or without oligosaccharides, food grade glycerin, or anything with probiotic tapioca fiber. None of them are as low in carbs as you may have been lead to believe.
- I do occasionally used EZ-Sweetz liquid Sucralose as it adds a different depth of sweetness rather than leaving something one dimensional and neither of the products used here have any carbs in them no matter how much you use. None of the above mentioned can begin to say that which is why you see a nutritional label for 1 t or God forbid ½ t.