Keto Garlic Rosemary Roasted Radishes. I have a lot of recipes using diakon radish as a fabulous potato substitute but for some reason no red radish recipes. Red radishes are at least as easy to use and cook and are perfect for keto garlic rosemary roasted radishes. I boil mine to get ahead of the roasting game but no matter what, they are going to lose some of their color. These are a great accompaniment to a roasted rack of lamb but I didn’t have any lamb (I did the second time) so I did them with a big fat juicy pork chop topped with tons of what else…garlic and then sprinkled with my Italian Dipping Oil Herbs which I use and sprinkle on all kinds of things. That other little smidgen of food on the plate is leftover Lemon Bacon Cabbage.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1½ Lbs Smallish Red Radishes Or About 2-3 Bunches
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 1 T Garlic Paste***
- 1-2 t Dried Crushed Rosemary (Depending On Taste)
- Coarse Salt
- Fresh Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut radishes in half. If some are larger slice them in quarters.
- Bring pot of water to boil, turn down to simmer add radishes, cover and cook 8-10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain until radishes are dry and the residual heat should do this in about 10-12 minutes.
- Add olive oil to radishes and toss to cover.
- Spread out on foil lined pan cut side up, salt liberally, and bake 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and rosemary to radishes, toss again and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Serve with lots of freshly ground pepper.
- 4 Servings
- 111 Calories, .9g Protein, 10.6g Fat, 4.4g Carbs, 1.7g Fiber, 2.7g Net Carbs
- Most of us think of radishes as a bit peppery but after cooking they will be slightly rosy in color (yes, they lose their bright red color) and quite mild in flavor.
- Serve these radishes in place of potatoes anytime, anywhere.