Keto Creamy Dijon Chicken is an easy piquant keto dish you can have on the table in less than 30 minutes. I used boneless skin-on chicken thighs because that’s how I roll but you will in all likelihood use boneless skinless thighs. I love crispy chicken skin, and my butcher will take the bones out, so it’s what I most often ask for and parish the thought of that georgeous chicken skin going into dog food. If it’s good for dogs it’s good for people. This needs no breading of any kind so there isn’t even the prep of dredging your chicken in egg and pork rinds. I don’t have any idea how many chicken recipes I have on this site, but it is a pot-load. A few you might keep in mind could be: Chicken Piccata ~ Marriage Chicken ~ Kimchi Chicken Thighs and maybe even try your hand at some really easy Chicken Kiev.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 Boneless Chicken Thighs-Room Temperature
- ⅔ C Heavy Cream
- ⅓ Water
- ¼ C Dijon Mustard
- 1 t Chicken Base***
- 2 t Olive Oil
- 2 t Butter
- 1½ t Dried Crushed Tarragon
- 1 Small Very Thinly Sliced Onion
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 T Minced Green Onion Tops
- Thinly slice onion and if you have a mandoline all the better.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 t olive oil & 1 t butter over medium-low heat, add onions and sauté until beginning to turn golden brown.
- Whisk together water, cream, and mustard.
- Flatten thighs to an overall thickness.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 t olive oil & 1 t butter over medium-high heat, add chicken thighs, sauté until browned, turn, and finish cooking. Set aside.
- Add heavy cream mixture & chicken base to onions and begin to reduce to desired thickness.
- Plate thighs and top with creamed onions mixture.
- Top with freshly ground pepper.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- 4 Servings
- 499 Calories, 28.3g Protein, 37.7g Fat, 1.9g Carbs, 0.5g Fiber, 1.4g Net Carbs
- It will not take long for the heavy cream mixture to thicken in light of the fact that the mustard is its own thickener. If you over-reduce it, just add a little more water.