Keto Bacon Broccoli Salad. I am here to tell you that this salad in a keto winner. It is very easy to make, piquant beyond belief, and because of its high fat content, is a perfect adjunct to any keto dinner. Really, do not have any long diatribe about this keto bacon broccoli salad recipe…the proof is in the eating.
As you look at the pic I hope you are noticing that I cut my broccoli pieces very small and there is a reason for this. If your pieces are too large, they are difficult to get into your mouth without smearing it about your face. As a kid I probably didn’t care about it and as an adult, I don’t like it. The peppers are also cut into smaller pieces. With that said, you may cut them any way you like cause this salad is going to be yours-not mine.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are keto-low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb Small Cut Broccoli
- ½ Lb Bacon
- 1 C Small Cut Diced Red Peppers
- 1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ C Sliced Green Onion Tops
- ½ C Toasted Chopped Macadamia Nuts
- ⅓ C Small Chopped Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- ½ C Mayonnaise
- 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Drops Liquid Sucralose***
- Cut broccoli to your own personal size, blanch for 30-45 seconds, immediately run them under cold water, drain well, and put into large mixing bowl.
- Cook and crumble bacon. Add to bowl.
- Toast nuts & add to bowl.
- Add green onions, jalapenos, and cheese to bowl and toss all.
- In small bowl add mayo, cider vinegar, & sucralose mixing well. This may or may not be enough depending on how much mayo you want but it’s a start and you can always add more as needed/wanted.
- Blend mayo mixture into bowl, making sure everything is well coated.
- 8 Servings
- 244 Calories, 7.7g Protein, 21.9g Fat, 6.0g Carbs, 2.9g Fiber, 3.1g Net Carbs
- 6 Servings
- 325 Calories, 10.2g Protein, 29.3g Fat, 8.0g Carbs, 3.9g Fiber, 4.1g Net Carbs
- Do toast your nuts as it makes all the difference not only is texture but in taste as well. Sliced toasted almonds will also work but macadamia absolutely do make the salad shine.
- Please don't cut off the broccoli stems as they are as usable as the crowns. Just be sure to cut them small enough.
- The day I ate this I had fixed myself three chicken tenders flash fried in browned butter with a little
- salt and pepper and even at the time I realized it would have been so easy to have chopped up the chicken, topped the salad and called dinner good to go. Well, there is always a next time and...you can see, I fixed this as a luncheon with a friend a week later and...this time I had the chicken for it.