Keto Asian Chicken Drumsticks. I started making a small series of chicken drumstick recipes because my grocery store had a sale on them. Thus far this is the third along with Keto Mexican Chicken Drumsticks, Keto Greek Chicken Drumsticks, with the last being Italian Drumsticks. Little did I know how much I would love them. As a little kid my favorite part of a chicken was, and has continued to be, the thigh meat and preferably with the bone out and with the skin left on. Also, back 65-70 years ago, chicken were just as scrawny as well…a chicken and the drumsticks didn’t have enough meat on them to wad a shotgun. I have two younger brothers who both liked them so um, magnanimously, I let them each have one and got a thigh instead. Now I had to argue with my mom because she liked them too but I usually did get one of them. Fast forward to 2019 and the chickens are nearly as big as whales and that includes even the drumsticks. These have nearly zero carbs in them so um, eat as many as you wish but probably two keto Asian chicken drumsticks should be plenty.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 12 Chicken Drumsticks
- ¼ C Olive Oil
- ⅓ C Just Like Sugar Brown***
- ¼ C Low Carb Ketchup***
- ¼ C Tamari Sauce
- ¼ C Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 T Water
- 2 t Crushed Garlic
- 1 t Powdered Ginger
- ½ t Chili Flakes
- 1 Juiced Lemon
- ¼ C Green Onion (Garnish)
- ¼ C Chopped Cilantro (Garnish)
- Mix all ingredients except drumsticks and olive oil.
- Add drumsticks to a large one gallon plastic freezer bag, add ½ of the sauce, and massage until well coated.
- Let chicken come to room temperature or at least 3-4 hours in the marinade, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- OK, here's the messy part. Lay out drumsticks in a 9x13 foil lined baking dish, massage on the olive oil and drizzle with the already used marinade.
- Bake about 40-45 minutes and yes, the drumsticks will get dark and crusty.
- Meanwhile gently heat the remaining marinade and when drumsticks are finished, pour any remaining pan juices into it to serve as a dipping sauce.
- 6 Servings
- 458 Calories, 45.1g Protein, 29.4g Fat, 2.7g Carbs, 0.4g Fiber, 2.3g Net Carbs
- You taste this marinade turned dipping sauce just once and you will be a true believer.
- I would not marinate the drumsticks more than 8-10 hours as they have lemon juice in them and an acid tends to "cook" raw meat. Think fish as in cerviche.