Keto Ahi Tuna Tartare. Maybe better known as Poke (poh-kay) but this one is molded instead of served in a bowl. Wouldn’t you figure that if I ate Carpaccio and Steak Tartare that I would also eat raw ahi tuna? Well, that would be me and uh, millions of other people. A very simple dish to make and this is an elegant presentation whether served as an appetizer or main course and I personally ate mine as my main dinner. Sometimes all you need is a little nudge to try something new and I am here to give you that little nudge and to try some keto ahi tuna tartare.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 16 Oz Ahi Tuna Cut Into Small Cubes And Kept Cold
- ¼ C Thinly Cut Green Onion Tops
- 2 t Sesame Seeds
- 1 Avocado Diced Into Small Cubes
- ½ C Cucumber Diced Into Small Cubes
- ½ C Cilantro
- 2 T Lime Juice
- 4-6 Small Handfuls Of Arugula (Or Lettuce Of Choice)
- 3 T Tamari
- 2 T Thinly Cut Green Onion Tops
- 1½ T Sugarfree Rice Vinegar
- 1½ T Just Like Sugar**
- 1 T Sesame Oil
- 1 T Crushed Garlic***
- 1½ t Powdered Ginger
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix cubed tuna, ¼ C green onion, and sesame seeds in another small bowl. Set aside.
- Blend avocado, cucumber, cilantro, and lime juice in a third small bowl.
- Put a handful of lettuce on each plate, place a ring mold in center of lettuce and add avocado mixture.
- Add tuna mixture on top.
- Unmold and drizzle all with sauce.
- May Garnish with a little more cilantro and green onions if wanted.
- 6 Servings
- 163 Calories, 21.4g Protein, 4.9g Fat, 4.2g Carbs, 2.1g Fiber, 2.1g Net Carbs
- 4 Servings
- 248 Calories, 32.1g Protein, 7.4g Fat, 6.3g Carbs, 3.2g Fiber, 3.1g Net Carbs
- If you have any left-over sauce it makes a terrific salad dressing.