Low Carb Broccoli & Thai Peanut Sauce. Not really sure how to describe the flavors of this fabulous dish except to say…well…it’s fabulous. No, not some ole limpy, watery, broccoli but charred broccoli. I love charred broccoli as in Broccoli With Brown Butter Fish Sauce and probably just about any other way someone would serve it to me, and broccoli with a piquant peanut sauce is over the top and here is yet another Sweeter Spicier Thai Peanut Sauce.
I wouldn’t want you to think that broccoli is the only thing you can use this Thai peanut sauce on because that wouldn’t be true. It is wonderful on sautéed eggplant and as a salad dressing on boiled mung bean sprouts with other Asian vegetables. And I am sure you will come up with many other ways to use it.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1½ Lbs Fresh Broccoli
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 T Coconut Milk
- ½ T Tamari
- ½ T SugarFree Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ T Just Like Sugar Brown***
- 1 t Fish Sauce
- 1 t Lime Juice
- ½ t Crushed Garlic***
- ⅛ t Crushed Red Pepper
- ¼ C Crushed Peanuts (Garnish)
- Preheat oven to 500°
- Cut broccoli into bite-size spears and yes, the stems too. (Not the woody stuff but at least 4”-5”)
- Line a baking pan with foil, add broccoli, drizzle with olive oil, and toss well.
- Put into oven and cook about 20 minutes or until they are darkened and charred.
- Meanwhile mix rest of ingredients except peanuts into a thin slurry. If too thick add water 1 t at a time.
- Put into serving bowl, drizzle with peanut sauce, and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
- 4 Servings
- 234 Calories, 8.8g Protein, 18.8g Fat, 12.3g Carbs, 6.1g Fiber, 6.2g Net Carbs
- I don’t buy great big whole heads of broccoli as any grocery store selling it this way is cheating and charging you for what should be THEIR wastage-not yours.