Pickled red onions are so easy to make and once you have them you will find lots of uses. They can be sprinkled on just about any salad and I love them with capers on Chicken Liver Pate & Hazelnut Crackers
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Large or 2 Smaller Red Onions
- 1 C Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs)
- 1 C Water
- 3 Drops Liquid Sucralose (EZ-Sweetz)
- 10 Peppercorns
- 8 Cloves
- 1 t Salt
- Slice onion thinly 1/16th” (I use a mandoline which I feel is an absolutely must have tool) and then cut pieces into about 1 ½” long.
- Bring rest of ingredients to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer onions for about 2-3 minutes.
- Put into quart jar and refrigerate.
- The picture of the mandoline above is a Norpro. This company makes good quallity products that don't cost an arm and a leg.