This Tomato Basil Cream is not an original recipe by anyone’s stretch of the imagination but it can be so good on lots of things I thought I would just list it as a sauce instead of with any particular food. In the picture there is a gorgeous hunk of fresh Pacific Coast Coho salmon underneath but you can use this with spaghetti squash, shrimp, and other types of fish as well.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1½ C Heavy Cream
- 1½ C Rough Chopped Roma Tomatoes (4-6 Depending On Size)
- ½ C Freshly Chopped Basil Leaves
- 2 t Crushed Garlic (+ More To Taste
- 2 t Chicken Base (+ More To Taste)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Put cream and tomatoes in proper size bowl and using a stick blender blend until just thick. If you don't have a stick blender then use your food processor.
- Pour into sauce pan, add basil, garlic and chicken base, and heat.
- Spoon over food to be sauced.
- Add freshly ground pepper.
- 6 Servings
- 237 Calories, 22.9g Fat, 2.2g Protein, 7.6g Carbs, 1.0g Fiber, 6.6g Net Carbs
- Certainly may add lemon if serving with seafood.