Low Carb Tahini Dip. I’m not sure about you, but I can and do eat tahini with a spoon, you know, kind of like you can eat peanut butter or almond butter with a spoon and this tahini dip is no different. It is very garlicy and lemony. The perfect dipping equipment would be a crudite which would include cucumber coins and red, yellow, and orange pepper chips. This couldn’t be much easier to make and can be a great last minute appetizer for company.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 C Tahini
- ¼ C Lemon Juice
- 2 T Water + More As Needed
- 1½ T Crushed Garlic
- ¼ t Dried Oregano
- ½ Medium Tomato Diced Small
- ¼ Small Onion Minced
- Salt & Pepper To Taste (If Needed)
- Process tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and water in a food processor; transfer to a plate or bowl.
- Mix oregano, tomato, and onion in a bowl and spoon over dip.
- 6 Servings
- 251 Calories, 7.2g Protein, 10.2g Carbs, 4.0g Fiber, 6.2g Net Carbs
- An interesting thing about tahini. It has lots of carbs but is also high in fiber. I use Organic Once Again brand tahini and for 2 T the label says 4g carbs and 4g fiber which would seem to make it a zero sum carb food yet in my nutritional calculator it comes out with lots more carbs than fiber and I am unable to specify the actual tahini brand.
- I do know this: Tahini is one of healthiest things you can eat.