Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast. Was watching Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives one evening some “dive” made close to what this recipe is. Regular French toast with 2 pieces of bread and maple syrup would set you back carb-wise somewhere North of 60-65 carb grams and that’s with only 2 paltry tablespoons of maple syrup. Add another tablespoon, & add another 14g carbs and as you can see they begin to add up quickly. So the short of it is: This recipe has only about 20% of the carbs most regular French toast has. Now I am not saying to eat this everyday (and you could) but certainly once in awhile and I do it for dinner too. Ah yes, breakfast for dinner. Your kids will love you for it. (But hate you for something else). That little blob of white on top? It’s Crème Fraîche and once you have made it you’ll not want to be without it.
To make this you’ll either need your own low carb bread or a loaf of Carbalose Flour Bread.
All my other Carbalose Recipes are listed at the bottom of the Carbalose Informational Page.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 2 Slices Carbalose Flour Bread
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Sliced Strawberries
- 3 Strawberries Cut Into 8 Chunked Pieces
- 1 Egg
- 2 T Heavy Cream
- 2 T Water
- 1 Drop Liquid Sucralose (Optional)
- ¼ t Vanilla Extract
- ¼ t Cinnamon
- ¼ t Nutmeg
- 1 T Butter Divided
- ¼ C Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- Spread 1 oz. cream cheese on each slice of bread.
- Lay on sliced berries and make a sandwich.
- Heat ½ T butter to medium.
- Beat egg, heavy cream, vanilla and water and put onto flat plate.
- Mix cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dredge French toast sandwich on both sides, put into butter and sprinkle ½ cinnamon- nutmeg on uncooked top.
- Cook until done on one side, add rest of butter, flip and cook the other side adding the rest of the cinnamon-nutmeg mix.
- Barely heat maple syrup & add your chopped strawberries.
- Cut French toast on the diagonal and arrange as you wish.
- Drizzle syrup and strawberries over all.
- 1 Serving
- 748 Calories, 16.9g Protein, 58.6g Fat, 17.4g Carbs, 5.9g Fiber, 11.5g Net Carbs
- Nutritionals include Carbalose flour bread.
- The one egg, heavy cream and water should be enough for 2-3 orders so if you are making multiple orders do this step accordingly.
- In the restaurant I always had a large shaker of cinnamon and nutmeg mixed fifty-fifty which is the ratio above.
- That little dollop of crème fraîche? What a difference it makes.