Low Carb Strawberry Salsa. I personally think salsa or a good Pico de Gallo of any kind, in small amounts can enhance any number of dishes. They almost always have cilantro and jalapeno peppers and what could really go wrong? Nothing, and it’s true of this low carb strawberry salsa too. This is as easy to make as it looks and can be in the fridge or on the table in about 5 minutes…10 tops if you’re interrupted though I do like to refrigerate mine a bit. The most time will be spent hulling and cutting the strawberries. If you opt to refrigerate it, the juices will come out just a little which is something I like so this is definitely a personal decision.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 2 C Chopped Strawberries (Or A Little Over A Pint)
- ¼ C Diced Red Onion
- ¼ C Minced Cilantro
- 2 T Green Onion Tops
- 1 Minced Jalapeno Pepper
- 2 T Lime Juice
- 1 T Olive Oil
- Pinch Salt
- Dice, mince, and cut all ingredients and mix thoroughly with olive oil.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours (or not) and dig in.
- 6 Servings
- 44 Calories, .9g Protein, 2.5g Fat, 5.5g Carbs, 1.9g Fiber, 3.6g Net Carbs
- If you think you need it sweeter add 1 drop EZSweetz.
- I use jarred jalapenos and stick scissors into it to cut them. This way I keep the juice off my hands.