Low Carb Strawberry Orange Crêpes. You’ll not see the orange in these but you sure as heck will be able to taste it. I love crêpes and in fact I am going to try to post maybe 18-20 recipes for them. With the advent of my Zero Carb Flaxseed Meal Crêpes I can now have crêpes any which way but loose-and actually…loose too. They can be savory as well as sweetened and yes, I like them both ways. It’s always easier to start with the sweet stuff because it is what grabs peoples attention first but there really aren’t that many of them as most are savory and begin to think Enchiladas. You know, I have to eat the recipes I test and I have to say, this one was not too difficult.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Recipe Flaxseed Meal Crêpes
- 12 Oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 8 Drops Liquid Sucralose*** (Divided)
- ½ t Orange Extract (Divided)
- 1½-2 C Fresh Strawberries (Divided) (Frozen Work As Well Except As Garnish)
- ¼ C Water
- 3 Drops Liquid Sucralose***
- ⅛ t Orange Extract
- Mix ½ C chopped strawberries, water, ¼ t orange extract & 4 drops Sucralose. This is your coulis drizzle and you can add more water as necessary if wanted. You want this relatively smooth so it is better to whiz in a small processor or if you have one an emersion blender.
- Beat cream cheese, 4 drops Sucralose, and ¼ t orange extract. Add heavy cream and ½ C mashed strawberries & beat until blended.
- Chop remaining strawberries into small pieces.
- Lay out crêpes and thinly smear each with cream cheese mixture.
- Roll crêpes, drizzle with coulis, & garnish with remaining chopped berries.
- 12 Servings
- 238 Calories, 5.8g Protein, 22.4g Fat, 4.6g Carbs, 2.4g Fiber, 2.4g Net Carbs
- By the way, the basil leaves I used as a pretty plate garnish? Um, I tore them into small pieces and ate with each bite. Sounds kind of weird but it was really tasty.