Low Carb Shrimp With Andouille Sausage. This is New Orleans food at its best and mine is served over Cauliflower Grits.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
Shrimp & Andouille Sausage
- 1 C Celery Cut On The Diagonal
- 1 C Onions Chopped
- 1 C Green Onions Tops Only
- 1 C Andouille Sausage Bite Size Pieces
- ½ C Roasted Red Peppers Chopped
- 2 C Heavy Cream
- ½ C Water
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 Lb Shrimp Cut Into 3 Chunks Each
- 2 t Chicken Base
- Chipotle Powder To Taste
- Favorite Cajun or Blackening Seasoning To Taste
- Sauté Andouille in olive oil and set aside.
- Put water in same sauté pan, add onions & celery and cook until soft and water has evaporated.
- Add red peppers, Andouille & heavy cream and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken base and spices to taste.
- Add shrimp chunks & green onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp is cooked-this will not take long.
- Serves 4
- 689 Calories, 26.64g Protein, 8.93g Carbs, 1.23g Fiber, 7.7g Net Carbs
- I serve this over mashed cauliflower or cauliflower grits with a side salad.
Low Carb Scams http://low-carb-scams.com/