I have eaten Shrimp Scampi since time immemorial and this is the way I have always fixed it. It does NOT have lemon in it. It has garlic and lots of it. If anyone tries to tell you there is lemon in it there isn’t. If you want to serve lemon on the side then cool and OK. Yeah, I also used to sop up the butter with lots of French bread and now…I eat it with a spoon.. with absolutely zero regrets.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1½-2 Lbs Raw Shrimp
- 2 T Butter Divided
- 1½ Sticks Butter
- 2 T Dried Chives
- 4 t Crushed Garlic
- Peel & dry shrimp.
- Begin melting sticked butter and when completely melted add garlic, chives, mix, and remove from heat. As you cook garlic it begins to “sweeten” and you want the strongest punch you can get from it. Think of this as melted compound butter.
- Heat 1 T butter in sauté pan until it begins to start browning . Better to be more brown that not or you will end up stewing you shrimp and you don't want that.
- Add ½ of the shrimp and cook, turning once. Repeat.
- Making sure to keep butter stirred, divide into 4 dipping bowls.
- Plate and enjoy.
- 4 Servings
- 602 Calories, 46.6g Protein, 44.1g Fat, 3.0g Carbs, .1g Fiber, 2.9g Net Carbs
- Yes, that really is 3 T butter per person. If you don’t want or don’t think you can eat that much then cut it down to 2 T.
- Substitute olive oil for some of the butter. It will alter the taste if you sub too much but...olive oil and garlic is marriage made in heaven.
- I actually do eat mine with a spoon. I cut the shrimp in half, put it into the butter, and scoop up all that goodness.
- Put this over spaghetti squash for a complete dinner.