Low Carb Pickled Red Onions are so easy to make and once you have them you will find lots of uses. They can be sprinkled on just about any salad and I love them with capers on Chicken Liver Pate & Hazelnut Crackers
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Large or 2 Smaller Red Onions
- 1 C Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs)
- 1 C Water
- 3 Drops Liquid Sucralose (EZ-Sweetz)
- 10 Peppercorns
- 8 Cloves
- 1 t Salt
- Slice onion thinly 1/16th” (I use a mandoline which I feel is an absolutely must have tool) and then cut pieces into about 1 ½” long.
- Bring rest of ingredients to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer onions for about 2-3 minutes.
- Put into quart jar and refrigerate.
- The picture of the mandoline above is a Norpro. This company makes good quallity products that don't cost an arm and a leg.