I have a few relatively complicated recipes on the site and I do think this is by far the easiest one to make. The recipe may easily be cut in half to 4 servings.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 3 C Heavy Cream
- 1 C Water
- 2 Packages Knox Gelatin
- ¼ C Just Like Sugar
- 6 Drops Liquid Splenda
- 2 t Vanilla
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a wide mouth ceramic bowl and let sit 5 minutes. (This is called blooming the gelatin).
- Begin heating heavy cream & sweeteners.
- Pulse water-gelatin mix in microwave at 5 second intervals 3-4 times until just clear, (do not over heat) add to heated cream, add vanilla, and thoroughly mix.
- Pour into ½ C ramekins, cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- To unmold, put ramekin in hot water almost to rim for about 5 seconds. If it does not release carefully run a small knife around edges. Place plate or bowl on top and invert.
- 8 Servings
- 364 Calories, 36.0g Fat .5g Protein, 0.1g Carbs, 0.0g Fiber, 0.1g Net Carbs
- It is my opinion that panna cotta begs to be sauced and here are a couple of suggestions.
- 1.) Reduce vanilla to 1 t and replace with 1 t almond extract. Make a slurry of raspberries & water, add another ¼ t almond extract, sweeten to taste, and spoon over panna cotta.
- 2.) Make a slurry of strawberries & water, add 1 T orange extract, sweeten to taste, and spoon over panna cotta.