Low Carb Orange Kissed Cookies. Who doesn’t like the taste of an orange. I can no longer use oranges to cook or make anything, and O.J. is not good for you anyway, but I do use a lot of extracts and this little cookie is a good example.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 2 C Almond Flour
- ¼ C Arrowroot
- 1½ t Baking Powder
- 2 T Orange Extract
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- ½ C Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- ½ C Melted Butter
- 8 Drops Liquid Sucralose
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, combine liquid ingredients.
- Add to dry ingredients, mix until smooth and let sit for 10 minutes until thickened as in a soft cookie dough.
- Mix again and place by the spoonful (I use a scoop for uniformity) onto a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until browning begins at the edges. Cookies will spread and be relatively flat.
- 62 Calories, 1.4g Protein, 2.3g Carbs, .7g Fiber, 1.6g Net Carbs
- 186 Calories 4.1g Protein, 7.0g Carbs, 2.1g Fiber, 4.9g Net Carbs
- I made them large with a #24 (3T) scoop and got exactly 12 cookies and with a #70 scoop (1T) I got exactly 36 so…3 smalls equal 1 large and you are probably less likely to eat 6 smalls than 2 large.