Low Carb Lemon Curd. When I was just a lass of three my father said to me-come here and take a lesson from the lovely lemon tree. Lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet, but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.
Yes, I am 70 years old, and yes, as a teenager in the 1960’s I loved Peter Paul & Mary. Now we know that the lemon can indeed be sweet. To read more see THE TRULY INCREDIBLE EGG
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ¼ C Lemon Juice
- 5 Drops EZ Sweetz Liquid Sucralose
- 6 T Butter
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Put egg yolks, sucralose, and lemon juice is small metal bowl.
- Put over very low heat and beat constantly with a whip until mixture begins to slightly thicken being careful not to curdle the yolks. This should take about 6-7 minutes and longer if you double or triple the recipe.
- Remove from heat and beat in butter 1T at a time. As one T is finished add another and so on.
- This recipe may easily be doubled or tripled.
- If ¼ C of lemon juice is not enough then add a little more 1T at a time.
- Divide into two small bowls.
- Serves 2
- 370 Calories, 3.2g Protein, 38.6g Fat, 2.5g Carbs, .1g Fiber 2.4g Net Carbs
- I use my egg whites to make the Hazelnut Parmesan Crackers.