Low Carb Jicama Strawberry Cucumber Salad. I have been on a jicama kick lately and this jicama strawberry cucumber salad, with only a hint of sweetness, is about as light and tasty as it sounds. I have eaten jicama for many years, know a lot of different ways to use it and it is a naturally low carb food. Here are a couple other salads with jicama as an ingredient Saucy Crunchy Peanut Salad and Bacon Almond & Avocado Salad
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 C Grated Jicama
- 1 Medium Cucumber Peeled & Halved With Seeds Removed
- 16 Medium Strawberries (2 Each Person)
- ¼ C Chopped Cilantro
- ⅓ C Olive Oil
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 2 T Low Carb Sweetener Of Choice* (Just Like Sugar To Keep It Paleo)
- 1 t Poppy Seeds
- Grate jicama and put in mixing bowl.
- Cut cucumber halves into three lengths each cut into ½” pieces and add to jicama.
- Quarter then halve strawberries (8 pieces each) and add to bowl.
- Mix rest of ingredients, pour over veggies and toss lightly.
- 8 Servings
- 109 Calories, .7g Protein, 8.9g Fat, 7.9g Carbs, 3.6g Fiber, 4.3g Net Carbs
- One of the cool things about jicama is that it will not turn brown so if you want to grate it ahead of time it will be fine.
- If you end up with leftovers it will turn pink from the strawberries but will of course taste great.
- *I use 2 drops of liquid Sucralose.