Just in time for groundhog day and in march the GroundDogs. This is pathetic and your children (husbands) should love this super easy recipe. No we are not making hot dogs, only grinding them for a salad-like lunch or a spread for crackers. Have to say I really had fun naming this puppy and hey N.Y. Mayor Bill de Blasio, keep your hands off these dogs.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 ¼ Lb Hot Dogs (I Use Hebrew National)
- ½ C Mayonnaise
- ⅓ C Sugarfree Sweet Pickle Relish (Mt. Olive)
- 3 T Yellow Mustard
- 1 t Liquid Smoke
- Brown and then grind (process) hotdogs.
- Mix rest of ingredients.
- Blend in dog meat.
- 4 Servings
- 473 Calories, 13.1g Protein, 3.0g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 3.0g Net Carbs
- It may seem a little soupy to begin with and if you are going to eat it immediately use a little less mayo but if put in the refrigerator for later, it will all soak up and congeal from the fat in the dogs.
- I try not to use too much pickle juice and if you like it, add less mayo
- You can serve this with anything you like.
- This tastes just like a stadium dog with no high carby bun.