One of my favorite all times dishes ever is Spatchcocked Chicken A l’Orange and this Ginger Curry Sweetened Cauliflower Rice is the perfect accompaniment as it has many of the same spices yet is so easily made. I don’t so much do a lot experimenting anymore as I have a quite large repertoire of recipes, and then there are the things I eat which have no recipe you know, like steak etc. but I riced a particular large head of cauliflower, had quite a bit left over, decided to just try this and man oh man, what a pleasant surprise. Not too sweet and just a terrific side dish.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 C Riced Cauliflower
- ½ C Water
- ½ C Heavy Cream
- ¼ C Sliced Green Onions (Divided)
- 1 t Chicken Base
- 1½ t Orange Extract
- 1½ t Ground Ginger
- 1½ t Curry Powder
- ¼ t Pepper
- 6 Drops Liquid Sucralose
- Put all ingredients except 2 T green onions in sauce pan and slowly reduce unto desired consistency and cauliflower is tender.
- Serve, sprinkling with remaining green onions.
- 6 Servings
- 98 Calories, 1.3g Protein, 8.0g Fat, 3.0g Carbs, 1.5g Fiber,1.5g Net Carbs
- There would be several variations for this veggie so play around with it and see what you can come up with.