Low Carb Flank Steak/Garlic Blue Cheese Butter. All I can say about this is man oh man, this is restaurant quality good and the blue cheese butter can actually be used with any number of different cuts of beef steak like a nice thick filet mignon, a New York strip, a rib-eye, and even a great big fat porterhouse. As you can see it goes on a filet quite well. The accompanying veggie with the filet is eggplant and sugar-free Thai Peanut Sauce & a little cilantro.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 T Butter Salted
- 3 Oz Good Quality Bleu Cheese
- ¼ C Green Onions Very Finely Cut (Green Tops Only)
- 1 t Crushed Garlic
- ¾ Lb Flank Steak
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Salt If Necessary
- Melt butter, add garlic & green onion, cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Crumble bleu cheese into butter and let residual heat melt it about halfway.
- Slice meat and lay on plate being careful not to overlap slices.
- Add lots of freshly ground pepper
- Drizzle sauce over rare to medium rare sliced steak.
- Serves 2
- Per Person: 470 Calories, 47g Protein, 2.5g Carbs, 0g Fiber 2.5g Net Carbs
- There are two secrets to a really good flank steak. The first is that it be cooked no more than medium-rare (I like very rare) and the second is that it is very thinly cut across the grain. I try to cut at a 45 degree angle and not more than a ¼” thick.
- The proportions can be adjusted to suit your preference of butter vs cheese, or if you want to knock out the slight sharpness of straight bleu then use Gorgonzola instead.
- You could also use shallots in place of the green onions. I have tried it both ways but much prefer the green onions.