I have to say Deep Fried Cauliflower Capers Lemon Juice is so simple and I wish I had thought of it myself…but I didn’t. We have a restaurant here in Portland that serves (ed) it. I just looked at their menu and no longer see it listed and how sad because it is so, so good. The first thing I did was to go home and try making it myself and we have been eating it regularly ever since. I fry this in my own rendered tallow but you may certainly use your favorite oil. I save my oil and then use it to make Southern Fried Chicken as the oil is totally clean when I finish with it. Tallow is such a stable oil that it can easily be reheated and will not break down like most other oils. Don’t not make this because you don’t have tallow-it’s just what I use. The best thing about this is you can fry everything but the leaves. Yep, the core too. In addition to the recipe below I do drizzle a little Asian Dipping Sauce on it because I pretty much always have it in the fridge but the recipe stands totally by itself.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Large Cauliflower Room Temperature
- ¼ C Lemon Juice
- ¼ C Capers
- Oil For Frying
- Core and cut large florets about 1-1½" (They will shrink as they fry).
- Cut core into good size chunks.
- Heat oil to very hot-about 375-385 degrees and maintaining high heat fry in batches until dark golden brown.
- Plate and drizzle with 2 t capers & 2 t lemon juice.
- Salt & pepper if wanted and I do not.
- 6 Servings
- 39 Calories, 3g Protein 8.4g Carbs, 3.7g Fiber, 4.7g Net Carbs
- That's it and how easy.