Low Carb Creamy Garlic Soup. Long ago I ducked into a newly opened restaurant and this Creamy Garlic Soup was on the menu. I ordered it and it was so good I ask what the ingredients were and proceeded to make it at home. The next thing you know I was making it by the gallons for my own restaurant and again people loved it. I in turn got many requests for the recipe and happily passed it along as I am now doing with you. Enjoy.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 C Beef Broth
- ¾ C Carrots Diced
- ¾ C Celery Diced
- ¾ C Cauliflower Mashed Cooked
- ¼ C Crushed Garlic***
- ¾ C Heavy Cream
- ¼ C Butter Melted
- ½ C Sour Cream
- Chives/Green Onion Tops Finely Chopped
- Salt & Pepper (As/If Needed)
- Boil first 3 ingredients until vegetables are tender.
- Add cauliflower and garlic and using stick blender, whir until smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Ladle into bowl, drizzle with butter, add a dollop of sour cream and top with onions.
- 4 Servings
- 325 Calories, 2.9g Protein, 7g Carbs, 1.6g Fiber, 5.4g Net Carbs
- I very rarely buy carrots because I consider them like little sugar bombs but they are an essential ingredient for this soup and anyway, it’s not much.
- You might be surprised but this soup has a slightly sweet taste, probably because of the garlic.
- Eat this with good friends. It is absolutely fabulous but not necessarily good on a first date.
- Adding sour cream and onions to soup can sometimes be amazing. Cauliflower Vichyssoise comes to mind.