Yeah, Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. Congers up children, comfort food, winter, a fireplace and probably lots of other things. As lowcarbers chicken noodle soup probably does not come to mind except we may miss it from time to time. If you only want plain ole soup then you may certainly sub stock for the “creamy” part but you will be missing the fat in LCHF.
This is a very easy recipe to make lots & lots of and still have leftovers. You will need one recipe of Spaetzle which act as the noodles.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Recipe Spaetzle
- 1 Poached Pulled & Shredded Chicken
- 1 C Chopped Sauteed Mushrooms
- 2 T Butter
- 2 Stalks Finely Diced Celery
- 1 Small Finely Diced Carrot
- 1 Finely Diced Medium Onion
- 1 t Dried Thyme
- ¼ t Crushed Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Qt. Chicken Stock (Or Water)
- 1 T +2 t Chicken Base
- ¼ C Port Wine
- 1 Qt. Heavy Cream
- 1 t Pepper
- Make spaetzle. Set Aside.
- Put celery, carrot, onion, spices, bay leaves, & butter, with ½ cup water into a large soup pot, cover and cook until tender-5-7 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- Add water, heavy cream, port, chicken base, chicken, mushrooms, & pepper and heat.
- Add spaetzle.
- Correct any seasoning.
- Stir and serve.
- Nutritionals include Spaetzle noodles.
- 10 Servings
- 473 Calories, 5.4g Protein, 9.6g Carbs, 2.4g Fiber, 7.2g Net Carbs
- Each serving is about 1½-1¾ cups so with your salad of choice this should be a complete meal as it is quite hearty and filling.