Low Carb Cauliflower Porcini Mushroom Risotto. You know it has always amazed me that nearly all high carby foods can be made to be lowcarb and this is such a good example. It’s creamy, rich and I actually cannot detect even a hint of the taste of cauliflower. Now here’s the deal. I don’t know it you use porcini mushrooms but if not you are missing out on probably one of most intense flavors in the food world. I use them extensively which you would know if you have looked at very many of the recipes on this site. Porcini mushrooms can enhance many sauces & vegetables but they can also be expensive if you don’t know how to buy them…so…I am going to tell you how I get mine. I get them from www.pistolrivermushrooms.com/ right here in Oregon and as far as I am concerned these are as good as they get. Once you have used them you’ll wonder how you ever lived without ’em. They have both dried mushrooms and the powder and both are used in this recipe. Unlike risotto made with rice this does not require you to stir it constantly, only once is awhile. This may (or may not) be the best vegetable recipe I have posted, although I have to say there are some other dandies. You will also need Porcini Dust
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 C Cauliflower Rice (About 1 Small Head)
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- ⅔ C Water
- 1 T Chicken Base
- 1 t Porcini Dust
- ½ C Broken Pieces Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- ½ C Hot Water
- ½ C Minced Onion
- ½ t Pepper
- ¼ C Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Oz Shredded Gruyere Cheese (Optional And It Will Make It Gooey & Good)
- Put dried porcinis in hot water and let soak for 10 minutes to soften. DO NOT throw any liquid away.
- Put riced cauliflower, heavy cream, water, chicken base, onions, and porcini dust to large saucepan.
- Heat to simmer and stirring once in awhile, cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add mushroom pieces and stir. You don't want it completely dry so if necessary add water 1 T at a time.
- If using Gruyere add with Parmesan & pepper and stir until melted.
- 6 Servings
- 206 Calories, 6.0g Protein, 4.7g Carbs, 1.1g Fiber, 3.6g Net Carbs
- Gruyere cheese is included in nutritionals.