Low Carb Carbalose Kimchi Fritters. I walked into my local neighbor Beaumont Market to talk to a friend and the only way to go in is left by the cheeses and some odd refrigerated items. A jar of kimchi with a REDUCED sticker on it caught my eye immediately. Gads, $2.00? For a fermented food? It’s never going to go out of date so I grabbed it as quickly as I could. Now, I eat kimchi relatively regularly so this is nothing out of the ordinary. I ate a serving with Kassler Rippchen and still had enough left over to make these low carb kimchi fritters. The thing I didn’t realize as I picked up the jar was; the word MILD on part of the label. I have never heard of “mild” kimchi so I had to go with flow and added some garlic chili paste. Assuming you know what you are doing, unlike myself, you will buy a spicy flavorful kimchi. I have it pictured with Asian Dipping Sauce because they go so well together and you can certainly use anything you would like or…just eat them plain. If you want the simplest dip…naw ya don’t. I didn’t plan it but I thought you might like to see a bit of chicken p**p that can often accompany a pastured egg.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Egg
- 3-4 T Water
- 2-3 T Juice From Kimchi
- 2 T Tamari
- 1½ C Finely Chopped Kimchi
- ¾ C Carbalose Flour
- ½ C Green Onion Tops (Divided)
- ¼ C Olive Oil + More If Needed
- Beat egg, tamari, water, & kimchi juice.
- Chop kimchi and add.
- Slice onions and add ½ reserving the rest for garnishing.
- Heat large sauté pan to medium, add about 2 T oil and when hot, drop batter into oil. Immediately spread with the back of your spoon to size (About a 3½” diameter).
- Don’t get ahead of yourself-be patient. These take a little time to brown and set before you flip them-at least 4-5 minutes. Turn and finish cooking. You should be able to get 4 pancakes per cooking, so repeat.
- Serve at room temperature on a platter with several small dishes of dipping sauce and allow people to dip…or not.
- 8 Servings
- 107 Calories,4.3g Protein, 8.6g Fat, 5.9g Carbs, 3.4g Fiber, 2.5g Net Carbs