Low Carb Beef Stroganoff. Beef Stroganoff would normally call for about equal amounts of beef, mushrooms, and onions but since onions are kind of on the high carby side of things, I have increased the mushrooms and decreased the onions and if you are a connoisseur of stroganoff you won’t know the difference. This is quite good served over Spaetzle as a noodle base if you think you need one and otherwise is so good and very simple served over buttered mashed cauliflower or as shown over spaghetti squash.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb Good Top Sirloin about ½" thick
- 1 T Butter
- 3 C Sautéed Mushrooms
- 2 T Butter
- 1 C Large Dice Onion
- 1 T Butter
- 1 C Sour Cream (Divided)
- 2 T Chives (I Use Dried)
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice top sirloin into thin strips. (about ⅛") and sauté in browning 1 T butter. Lightly salt & pepper. Set aside in bowl.
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 T browning butter. Lightly salt & pepper. Add to beef.
- Sauté onions in 1 T butter. Lightly salt & pepper. Add to beef & mushrooms.
- Add slightly warmed ¾ C sour cream & 1 T chives and lightly mix all.
- Plate hot buttered spaetzle & spoon beef over the top.
- Top with 1 T sour cream & sprinkle with remaining chives.
- 4 Servings Stroganoff & Spaetzle
- 488 Calories, 26.2g Protein, 6.9g Carbs, 1.1g Fiber, 5.8 Net Carbs (Stroganoff)
- It is much easier to slice meat that is partially frozen and/but to fry it quickly it still needs to be room temperature.
- Serve with a salad and dinner done.