Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. When buying shrimp you want to shop the count per pound NOT Small, Medium, Large, or Jumbo. These terms mean absolutely nothing. To see more regarding the sizing of shrimp please see SHRIMP under the Food Lagniappes page.
I try to buy U15’s (under 15 per pound) but 16-20 is a pretty good size shrimp for this recipe.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 24 Large (12-15) Shelled & Deveined Shrimp/Tail On
- 12 Bacon Slices Cut In Half
- This is a Japanese trick and keeps the shrimp from curling. There is a long extremely well developed muscle running the length of the underbelly of a shrimp where the legs are attached and this muscle needs to be severed at each segment.
- With sharp pointed scissors cut the underbelly of each shrimp segment about ¼” and if you don’t have scissors, turn the shrimp upside down and with a sharp knife gently cut each segment.
- Lay bacon on cutting board vertically and place shrimp at a 45 degree angle. Wrap bacon in a spiral around each shrimp and secure with a toothpick at top.
- Heat oil on medium high until very hot and lay shrimp in-frying until bacon is finished. Don’t overcook as bacon will be hard and tough.
- Drain and serve with celery sticks and Bleu Cheese Dressing or Remoulade Sauce.
- Serves 4
- 250 Calories, 13.75g Protein, .4g Carbs, 0g Fiber, .4g Net Carbs