Angels On Horseback. Back in the day there was a restaurant in Durango, CO that served these. As I remember they came on buttered toast points and ye gads I was in love L.U.V. As an appetizer they are so easy to make, I mean look at the ingredients. You will need fresh oysters as canned are already cooked and these are cooked. They can be made in a very hot oven or broiled but are really at their best & highest flavor done on a small blazing hot grill and particularly good dipped in Remoulade.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 16 Fresh Oysters
- 8 Slices Of Thin Bacon
- 16 Toothpicks Soaked In Water
- 4 Lemons Wedges
- Partially cook bacon keeping it still limp and pliable.
- Cut each bacon strip in half, wrap snuggly around an oyster, and secure it with a toothpick.
- If cooking in the oven preheat to 450° and cook until bacon is crispy.
- If broiling set under broiler for 2-3 minutes, turn and finish.
- If grilling same as broiling.
- 4 Servings
- 220 Calories, 13.9g Protein, 2.2g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 2.2 Net Carbs
- If you have longer skewers available then string 4 per skewer.