Low Carb Almond Butter Mousse. I have given another example of this recipe Cranberry Orange Mousse and now using your imagination I’ll bet you can come up with a lot more flavors to “mousse”. Strawberry, Raspberry, and Chocolate come to mind. The ingredients are basic and anything else may easily be substituted.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not compensated in any way for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ¾ C Heavy Cream
- ½ t Gelatin
- 2 T Cold Water
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ C Almond Butter
- 1 t Vanilla
- ⅛ t Almond Extract
- 12 Drops Liquid Splenda***
- Put cold water in tiny microwaveable glass bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water and let it sit about 5 minutes and do not stir. This is called blooming. Put in microwave and give it 5 second bursts until it turns into a liquid.
- Beat heavy cream and gelatin to form soft peaks.
- Beat room temperature cream cheese, almond butter, vanilla & almond extracts, and Splenda in another small bowl.
- Gently fold in about half of the whipped cream. Fold in the remaining cream making sure it is mixed thoroughly.
- Serves 4
- 270 Calories, 2.5g Protein, 26.0g Fat, 3.5g Carbs, 2g Fiber, 1.5g Net Carbs